Friday, December 11, 2009

This Tuesday I had a choir concert, and I am Sooo excited. I have my shoes and dress ready and I know the songs. We have some really fun songs to sing, like Osie Funi Mungu (I just slaughtered that spelling) which is a Kenyan song and a party song. It is upbeat and we have choreography for most of the song. It is great. We also have some really beautiful songs like Ave Verum Corpus (I slaughtered that spelling to) it is a song by Mozart and it have beautiful line and movement. According to Mrs. Coleman, my choir teacher, the song my class sings best is Zum Gali Gali, which is a Hebrew folk song I think and it splits in to seven part harmony at one part. It is really fun to sing because it is also a party song. We're singing other songs but those are my favorite. Yeah I'm so excited for Tuesdays concert.

PS. If you are interested in buying tickets please contact me before Tuesday I would love to see you there. It will be so fun.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool! Tuesday is a bad night to have a concert! Dangit! I wish I could come, I love to hear you singing (...which I have noticed you often doing in the background while our chaos is around.)

    ReplyDelete