Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yahoo, Yippy, Joyous Day!

Today was Daniels baptism, and I know that some of you, i.e. Tressa, want me to write a blog about that, but I figure that other people will write about that in detail. I want to write about a land mark much more pertinent to my life. Today for the first time ever I DROVE! I was very excited.

Today when going to Daniels baptism I realized that there weren't that many cars in the lot. Mom had often told me that sometime when there weren't that many cars, she would let me drive the car. So I asked her, and she said maybe. We went to the baptism and it was really nice, you could feel the spirit and I enjoyed it. At the end we had cookies and people talked. Mom said that we would have to wait till every one had left.

When it was time for me to drive I got a little nervous as Mom instructed me how to pull out of the parking spot. We drove around in circles around the parking lot a few times. It was a lot harder to steer then I thought it would be. I keep either over steering or under steering and some times I started to turn the wrong way, mostly after I left reverse. I hit the curb a few times and I'm glad that there weren't any cars around, but for my first time driving I think I did pretty well. Mom told me that someday I'll probably be a good driver.

After going around a few times mom had me stop and she took over so she could drive us home. I felt really happy I was really glad and mom and I talked about driving on the way home. she told me how important it is to be alert while driving and that it wasn't until a year after she started driving that she was comfortable behind the wheel.

I can't wait until I get my permit and can drive for real but I'm also glad I'm not going to have to tackle actual roads quite yet.

3 comments:

  1. WAAAHOOOO! Way to go Rach! That is so exciting! I am sad I am not going to be home to teach you how to drive. What is shocking to me is that mom didn't freak while you were driving! HA (I love you mom!) Can I tell you that it took me at least a year too and even now when I get behind the wheel of a new car I have never driven before i don't always feel comfortable. I get way nervous and I have been driving for 9 years now! I love your face! HAve fun on trek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom did freak out a little I was steering wrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm back on the blogger block, and I would love to see some updates on this here blog!

    ReplyDelete